Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Technology gal I'm not!

What is the deal with technology? I am happy for most of it but when it comes to phones I admit to be an old fuddy-duddy. Have you read about the second Android phone? It is on hold but there is a first Android phone. You know what? Half of the features sound like something out of Star Trek and none of it makes a darn bit of sense to me.

What happened to a phone that, oh I don't know, made calls and received calls? What happened to green meant on and red meant off? Why must we be able to check our e-mail on every street corner? What happened to being unavailable at lunch? Is there a reason we should be accessible to all people at all times? What is wrong with a little wire running from your ear to the phone? Remember Walkmans? Sigh.

So, when y'all see me running around town, I'll be the one with a phone up to my ear or a chord running from my ear to the phone. I'll be the one without a touch screen (is it just me or does that sound kinky?). I'll be the one using a digital camera (or 35 mm if the mood hits me and I can find film for it!!) to take pictures. I'll be the one using the video recorder that still uses tapes that go into a larger tape and then into a VHS player (look it up if you don't know what that is!!). Not my phone. The phone is for making and receiving calls. Mostly because all the features scare me and I can't hit the right keys with my nails . . .

No comments: