Monday, December 14, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY December 14, 2009 . . .

Outside my window . . . gloomy but it is going to be an awesome day! My attitude determines the type of day I have and I choose to have a great day!

I am thinking . . . I found a great hat crochet pattern and I am making a granny square lapghan for a present to some lady in the nursing home (not sure who will get it, doing it so my MIL can give it to someone whose family failed to provide a gift for the Christmas party this friday)

I am thankful for . . . the fact that I have a talent for crochet so I can make something that will bring someone else comfort and joy

I am wearing . . . brown t, black pants, tennis shoes—but I do have makeup on today!! Woo Hoo for me (and everyone else who will see me today!!!)

I am remembering . . . the parade and Christmas lighting last Saturday night at Kennard. It was great and I got to visit with people I rarely see.

I am going . . . to have to get on the ball to finish a lapghan by Friday, even though I am hoping to get two done just in case they are needed

I am reading . . . Bible and nothing else right now, going to the library today b/c I have finished all the ones I have. I am going through withdrawal symptoms!!

I am hoping . . . that I get all of my projects finished on time, Christmas is right around the corner and I still have a few things to finish

On my mind . . . what to think about a preacher who says "When it comes to the Bible I am really dumb." Was he joking? Was he serious? Am I being too nitpicky about this remark? Sigh. For some reason this is really bothering me. I think I want a preacher to know the Bible, or at least be actively studying it. 

Noticing that . . . the deer population is only moving at night when I am driving home NOT when I am pursuing them!

Pondering these words . . . Faith without works is dead

From the kitchen . . . I made brownies yesterday. yay for me!

Around the house . . . going to rearrange the furniture in the living room—I need space!

One of my favorite things . . . A&W Root Beer, it just seems to make the day better especially when it is poured over Blue Bell old fashioned vanilla!!!

From my picture journal . . . don't ya LOVE deer cams?!?!?!?!?

No comments: