Thursday, January 7, 2010

Read through the Bible in 90 days

I am doing this!! And I am excited! Thanks to Tamara for giving me the link to Kimberly at Raising Olives. It was really weird how God worked this around to me.

I did my normal Woman of Simplicity post on Monday, checked out Tamara's Woman of Simplicity blog and she mentioned she was doing a 90-day challenge. I asked about it and left work for the day and was out on Tuesday. Welllllllllllllll,Wednesday, while on the way to work, I was listening to Focus on the Family and they had a guy from Haven Today on talking about the 90-day challenge and how it was taking the blogger community by storm. I thought it was an interesting idea then forgot about it. Lo and behold if the 90-day challenge I asked Tamara about was the same thing!! It hit me that God was seriously suggesting that I get involved with this!

So, here I am. Signed up. Ready to start reading and praying for all the other women who are doing this challenge. I will be posting at least 3 days a week on my progress and what I have found interesting and what I have learned that is new.

If anyone is interested, you can sign up with Kimberly at Raising Olives and with Mom's Toolbox. You can also go to Haven Today to get the info. All of these sights have the reading schedule and links where you can order The Bible in 90 Days (a special edition of the NIV Thinline Large Print Bible with 'start' and 'end' markers to help you know where to begin and end each day) but I am doing it with my own personal Bible and a schedule.

AND if/when you fall behind, here is some encouragement for you from Amy @ Mom's Toolbox.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad that the Lord spoke to you so clearly. I'm loving this way of reading it through so far. I'm worried about this weekend since I have to venture out of town, but I'm still going to try. I'm also still sick and feeling icky. I hope that I can kick this soon, but with all that's going on, I think I'm running myself down.

Sorry to ramble, but blessed that my little blurb in my Simple Woman's post could offer some encouragement.

~Tamara