Monday, November 2, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Novermber 2, 2009 . . .

Outside my window . . . gorgeous fall day

I am thinking . . . I hope I answered all of Taylor's questions well yesterday

I am thankful for . . . our nephew Taylor who puts priorities in order

I am wearing . . . long sleeve denim dress, brown plaid Skechers flips

I am remembering . . . the great day hunting with Taylor Saturday and the time spent in church yesterday

I am going . . . to get a few groceries at lunch

I am reading . . . Even Now by Karen Kingsbury

I am hoping . . . this week goes well for Will, big people visiting the store this week

On my mind . . . wondering why people don't do stuff with their own kids! Took Taylor hunting and now he has told another kid that he will ask if we will take her and his mom has asked if we will take Taylor's little brother. Now, all of these kids have parents, grandparents (multiple sets), and they all hunt. Why are we the ones who get nominated to take the kids hunting? I know it is a lot of trouble but EVERYTHING with kids is a lot of work. I don't mind taking Taylor. He is very appreciative and loves doing stuff with us. I am sure his friend would be great. The little brother, well, his behavior is getting better. Sigh. It is just frustrating when you know the parents have great leases, have all this hunting equipment, and yet want you to take their kids so they don't have to do the work and miss their hunting time. What about our hunting time? Why is our time less important than yours? I am just having a difficult time with anger this morning.

Noticing that . . . a lot of parents are not involved in their kid's lives and they should be, these years pass in the blink of an eye and you cannot build a relationship with them when they are grown

Pondering these words . . . John 14:Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

AND

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

From the kitchen . . . deer steak with peas and mashed potatoes for supper tonight

Around the house . . . the leaves are turning and they are beautiful!

One of my favorite things . . . the excitement on my nephews face when he is helping skin one of his deer!

From my picture journal . . . Taylor, Saturday with his second doe, now he's onto the bucks!

2 comments:

dtbrents said...

The picture is great. I don't know of any parents who send their children with others to do things. I feel very sad for Taylor. Doylene

Shannon said...

Sigh. I wish I did not know of any parents who send their children with others to do things. Most of the parents I know don't do stuff with their kids. The two main excuses are "It's not something I am interested in" and "I really don't like that activity." Apparently they think their parents loved everything they were involved in!!