Monday, November 16, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Novermber 16, 2009 . . .

Outside my window . . . it is cloudy and has been raining for most of the night. I liked it, though, because the sound of the rain on the roof is soothing and reminds me to thank God for the roof.

I am thinking . . . I have to go to the library and grocery shopping at lunch AND manage to eat in that time frame.

I am thankful for . . . a MIL who is willing to make coconut cake for Will's birthday!! The last few years he has complained about my cakes (too dry, too dense, too much coconut, not enough coconut, icky icing, not enough icing, too much icing . . . you get the drift here). So his mommy made his cake this year and it was perfect. Okay, not perfect, but he did not complain about it and that made my life easier!!

I am wearing . . . black slacks, black/gray shirt, black and white beads from Mrs. Dianne, I was asking her where she got the beads she was wearing yesterday b/c they were loooooong—long enough for her to wear them as a belt—and I have been looking everywhere for long beads for this outfit, so she brought these to me. Her mom gave them to her and they from her mom's friend, apparently neither Mrs. Dianne nor her mom liked them but I LOVE them!! It's three white beads, one black, three white . . . and long enough to loop twice around my neck and put a pin on the bottom. Very little old lady but I absolutely LOVE the look!!!

I am remembering . . . fishing with my grandmother. After the fish in the pond got big enough to catch, I swear she fished everyday!! hehe!

I am going . . . home to start cleaning after work. I dread it but something has to be done b/c my house is horrible!!

I am reading . . . nothing right now! I finished up several series' this weekend and the last of the two-book series by Gilbert Morris this morning! I am going through withdrawals!!

I am hoping . . . that our friend John learns to tell his boss no. His boss is always not planning ahead and then, at the last minute, asking John to fill in. This has happened the last two weekends and messed up plans John and Rita had with us.

On my mind . . . it is amazing how someone who is in his early 20s can preach a sermon that is valid and meaningful to everyone in the audience—from 80 something to teenager. 

Noticing that . . . a lot of young people think that happiness and joy comes from success and taking care of yourself and not from God. No amount of stuff can make you happy and you shouldn't keep stuff just because someone gave it to you. This revelation has made me determine to clean out my house and get rid of all the stuff that I don't love.

Pondering these words . . . Luke 10: 38Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.

 39And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.

 40But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.

 41And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:

 42But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

From the kitchen . . . I got up this morning at 4 (couldn't sleep) and I made breakfast for Will, pork loin, scrambled eggs, and toast. I have no clue what to fix tonight. Last night was deer steak. Hmmm . . .  maybe something with chicken since I have to go to the store today. I tried planning meals for the week but I am way TOO unorganized for that (hey, I forget things all the time and I tried making lists but ended up losing the lists!!). Sigh.

Around the house . . . I STILL need to do laundry. Ugh!

One of my favorite things . . . puppy breath

From my picture journal . . . sometimes I think this is what people looking at me see—gnarled branches and tangled messes

No comments: