Thursday, May 8, 2014

My mustard seed goal . . .

Reading The "Do What You Can" Plan, 21 Days to Makeing Any area of Your Life Better by Holley Gerth and decided to use my blog to keep track of my twenty-one-day journey. The book is all about setting goals -- realistic goals. "God can handle the big. when you start out, it's okay for your part to simply be the small." Wow! Twenty-one-days because that is how long it takes to make a new habit. "Decide on the minimum you'd like to accomplish in a particular area of your life . . . Then divide that by about half." We sometimes have huge goals that fall by the wayside because they are so lavish and complicated. We forget that, in order to accomplish the grand goals, we need to break the goal down into smaller steps otherwise we get overwhelmed and the lofty goals fall by the wayside. We get bogged down in the here and now details so much that we can't even see the small spark of the original goal. So, on to my mustard seed goal -- because faith the size of a mustard seed isn't about the size of the faith but "the One we are placing it in that matters." My last years goal was to survive and thrive and lose weight for the SNAP! moment. I managed it but for all the wrong reasons. And my emotional health is telling the tale this year. SO! New goals, new steps, new direction. My lavish, complicated, grand goal is to get back the lowest weight and size I obtained last year. My first mustard seed goal is to eat a healthy breakfast and only snack on healthy food. And by healthy I am NOT concentrating on low carbs or low fat or low calories. I mean, healthy. Whole wheat bagel and cream cheese has been my choice for this week. Snacking on baked green beans and dried friut/nuts and fruits. Simple, easy goals that I should be able to instill in my life for 21 days which will make it a habit. Thought for this day: Watch your thoughts. They become words. Watch your words. They become deeds. Watch your deeds. They become habits. Watch your habits. They become character. Character is everything. OR “Watch your thoughts, they become words; watch your words, they become actions; watch your actions, they become habits; watch your habits, they become character; watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.” FRANK OUTLAW Late President of the Bi-Lo Stores OR Mr. Wiseman then cautioned his young friends as to the habits they contracted in early life:—”Whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap.” You sow an act, you reap a habit (acts repeated constitute habits); you sow a habit, you reap a character; you sow a character, you reap a destiny." OR The thought manifests as the word, The word manifests as the deed, The deed develops into habit, And the habit hardens into character. So watch the thought and its way with care, And let it spring from love Born out of concern for all beings. These are all variations of the same theme but all expressed eloquently. And I think I need more strawberries!!

No comments: