Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Garden no more

I blasted through the back yard a few days ago and hit the back gate to go to the garden. Turned the corner, looked up and stopped so short I almost fell. It was GONE! Yep, you read that. The garden was no more. All that was left was the cucumbers b/c they are on a piece of cattle panel and the peas b/c we are waiting on them to dry for seeds next year. Will had taken the initiative and mowed the rest of it down. To the ground. Gone. I know I was wishing it was gone and contemplating salting the earth but I was floored when I saw it gone. Then I thanked God for my husband. He knew I was feeling stressed out and was dog tired but he also knew I would have hung in there to the bitter end b/c I felt guilty about just letting the stuff go to waste. So he mowed it down when he was mowing the pasture. Problem solved. A happy wife. I'm not sure if he did it to be nice to me or out of self-preservation. At this point, I don't care.

School started around here on Monday so the teachers are gearing up for homework and the kids are already dreading it. Plus there's the getting up before noon and going to bed early. My prayers are with the kids in school and the parents they are coming home to this week. Give them all patience and cookies!

No comments: