Monday, October 19, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY October 19, 2009 . . .

Outside my window . . . sunny and chilly, a great change from cold and rainy last week while I was on vacation to hunt!!!

I am thinking . . . isn't life supposed to get easier?

I am thankful for . . . a job (even if it is just part time), a job posting close to my house, both Will and I being back at work (I will NEVER AGAIN take vacation at the same time as my husband!!!)

I am wearing . . . a long sleeve denim dress (the one Will hates b/c it is straight down), black slip on shoes

I am remembering . . . when I used to hate picking pears from the pear trees!

I am going . . . to get dog food today, plus go to the library and apply for the posted job (prayers needed here!!), tomorrow I’ll have to inventory my Avon orders and bag them, then deliver them Wednesday.

I am reading . . . Forever by Karen Kingsbury and the New Testament (reading through it in 40 days with others in my church)

I am hoping . . . to get everything done at lunch so I don't have to shop after work, I hate shopping after work!

On my mind . . . my neighbors, there was a huge shake up in my corner of the world when one of my neighbors committed suicide last week. I am just sick about it.

Noticing that . . . everything can change in a second and worrying about Will's heart which seems to be getting harder every day

Pondering these words . . . Your life is of infinite worth and impacts many others, regardless of your recognition of that fact.

From the kitchen . . . meatloaf tonight with creamed potatoes and peas. We had that last week while John was over and it was a hit so I am making it again tonight (just b/c it is fast, easy, good, and that is what I want to eat!! hehe!)

Around the house . . . need to mow one last time, need to get the last of the pears off of the tree before Will and my dad get them all to use to lure hogs into the trap!

One of my favorite things . . . fresh fried pear pies

From my picture journal . . .

2 comments:

dtbrents said...

That's a beautiful picture. It looks like such a restful place. Life never gets any easier. If it did we would never have the desire to go to heaven. We would not have needs to pray for. I don't like taking vacations with my husband. I like going with my Mama and three sisters. I hope you have a blessed week. Doylene

Shannon said...

Honey, I will NEVER take a vacation with Will again! I know marriage is supposed to work differently and we dearly love each other but we do better when we spend more time apart than together!!!!

The picture was from W. Texas where we went turkey hunting with friends. It was a great spot. The creek was gorgeous!

Thanks for the comment!