Monday, October 26, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY October 26, 2009 . . .

Outside my window . . . wet, wet, wet!!

I am thinking . . . it was a great idea to go to the library at lunch so I can go straight home

I am thankful for . . . they reposted the job I applied for before the state put a hiring freeze on in August

I am wearing . . . PINK!! Black capris w/pink flamingoes on them, pink shirt, black flips (not the smartest choice when it is raining but oh well!)

I am remembering . . . the stupid stuff we used to do when we were kids

I am going . . . home to read, read, read!

I am reading . . . Between Sundays by Karen Kingsbury and my Bible, I made it through the NT but it took me 42 days b/c I got caught up in Romans so I am thinking I am going to go back and really study Romans now that the 40 day challenge is over.

I am hoping . . . to make it home dry!

On my mind . . . the freaking skeeters on steroids down from my house and worrying about malaria and other nasty diseases. I am talking these things were almost as big as horse flies and they had GPS b/c they kept finding us in the dark!!

Noticing that . . . I seem to go everywhere and do everything by myself

Pondering these words . . . The prayer in Prayer of Jabez has caused massive weight gain in Christian women. Just think of that prayer: "Enlarge my territory." Before we prayed that prayer we should have gotten more specific. (Anite Renfroe, perpetual calendar)

From the kitchen . . . what to cook? what to cook?

Around the house . . . Confederate Rose is in full bloom, Abigail had 9 puppies, the new dog (that followed Will home) still has no name

One of my favorite things . . . new book smell

From my picture journal . . .

2 comments:

dtbrents said...

It seems you have a wonderful outlook on life and a great sense of humor. My youngest daughter is like that. I enjoyed your blog so much. The picture is beautiful. I hope we get a big snow at least once. Doylene

Shannon said...

This is a deer cam picture. I love deer cams!! You get the most interesting pictures!!