Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook





FOR TODAY February 23, 2010 (yes I am running a day behind!). . .

Outside my window . . . sleet, snow, rain, and COLD

I am thinking . . . why do I feel the need to decorate and nest everywhere?!?!

I am thankful for . . . food I don't have to go out in the weather to get

I am wearing . . . black slacks, brown sweater, green jacket, HOSE, brown flats, and amazing brown/green beads which I absolutely LOVE and don't get to wear nearly enough (but I will be wearing them a lot more with the new job where I have to look prefessional!!)

I am going . . . to help Will make and bag sausage this afternoon after I get home

I am reading . . . Bible and Now and Then by Robert Parker (a Spenser noverl!)

On my mind . . . I actually like dressing nice everyday and having to put on makeup and fix my hair. I know it's only been a week and a half but it makes me feel more profesional and smarter. I think that sounds weird but oh well!

Noticing that . . . bad weather seems to bring out the crazy in people who are driving. What's up with that?

Pondering these words . . . There are alternatives to becoming healthy (other than eat less, exercise more). Laugh more often. Munch on almonds. Take up yoga. Eat more dark chocolate. Go out for Indian food. Floss and brush regularly. Go to the mall. Get enough sleep. Medidate regularly. Try it. -- Anita Renfroe

From the kitchen . . . sausage and sausage and sausage! Probably with eggs and toast (if I go to the store and get bread after work!!)

Around the house . . . down to 2 puppies (Thank GOD!!!) and they are staying unless they fail to prove themselves on a hog!

One of my favorite things . . . homemade blackberry jelly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep working ,great job!