Monday, March 22, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook





FOR TODAY March 22, 2010 (yes I am running a day behind!). . .

Outside my window . . . cold but is supposed to be gorgeous later in the day

I am thinking . . . I love my job, I love my job, I love my job -- but man I sure do HATE being in Houston all week and dealing with training!!

I am thankful for . . . a job that pays well and has excellent benefits, I know I am whining about the training but the job itself will be good it's just being stuck in Houston all week for 5 1/2 weeks (yep, until April 7)

I am wearing . . . black slacks, maroon shell with cute colored squares around the neckline, black cover up

I am going . . . to training for 8 hours and then have to go out somewhere to eat, ugh!

I am reading . . . Bible and The Bliss Factor by Penny McCall

On my mind . . . who would have thought the words "I am tired of eating out" would ever have come out of my mouth?!?!?!?!?

Noticing that . . . all the whining in the worls will not get me out of here any sooner and that people who live in big cities all the time HAVE to be a little nuts!! Whew!!

Pondering these words . . . There are alternatives to becoming healthy (other than eat less, exercise more). Laugh more often. Munch on almonds. Take up yoga. Eat more dark chocolate. Go out for Indian food. Floss and brush regularly. Go to the mall. Get enough sleep. Medidate regularly. Try it. -- Anita Renfroe

From the kitchen . . . nothing -- eating out all the darn time while I am stuck in Houston

Around the house . . . things are blooming and I am not there to enjoy them!! The daffodils have already bloomed and gone, the white irises are going strong, and the pear tree has bloomed all the way and is gorgeous!! I mowed the yard for the first time last Sunday and it was glorious!! I LOVE spring!

One of my favorite things . . . home in all its disarray and clutter and things that need to be fixed!!

No comments: