Monday, January 19, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY January 19, 2009 . . .

Outside my window . . .
Beautiful sunshine but lots and lots of blustery wind!

I am thinking . . .
I am going to paint my clothesline poles red! hehe! They are in the ground and I am going to sand them down and paint them (to keep them from rusting) and am looking at red. Or maybe hot pink. Hmmmm . . .

I am thankful for . . .
the members of my church. They are good eggs!

From the kitchen . . .
Taylor and I made a crustless chocolate pie (with meringue) for church yesterday. Janet and her mom made cowboy stew for everyone and I couldn't go without taking something (that's just not in my nature!). So we started with sugar, corn starch, milk, eggs, and chocolate. That's a lot of stirring and timing!

I am wearing . . .
capri jeans and teal t-shirt

I am creating . . .
time to read!

I am going . . .
home and am thrilled to be doing that!

I am reading . . .
Fresh Ground Faith by Jennifer Rothschild (Devotions to awaken your spirit) and Night Huntress by Yasmine Galenorn

I am hoping . . .
my pear tree cutting root and grow and that my seeds I am going to plant in the house this week do well

I am hearing . . .
birds, there are tons of them out and about this afternoon

Around the house...
It is quiet post-Taylor! He spent the weekend with us and it is amazing how much noise a quiet 11-year-old can make. I cannot begin to imagine a noisy one!!

One of my favorite things...
hummingbirds

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Get the clothesline poles painted and the lines up

Here is picture thought I am sharing . . . 


No comments: