Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday




I need to be more attentive to God and Will so I am going to start the list every Thursday with them, but with a twist. I will come up with different reasons for my thankfulness. Last week it was provider of all things and Will be a decent man who comes home, has a job, etc.

So, onward, ho!

I am thankful for:

  1. God. The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you. I need to rely more on His grace and less on myself.
  2. Will. He has a stressful job as a manager at Sam's in Lufkin and I need to be more understanding of the difficulty of his job.
  3. Birds. The Eastern Wood-PeeWees I see at my feeders all the time, the American Male Goldfinch I saw several times while hunting in October (he still had his summer plumage), and the Red-Bellied Woodpecker I have seen for several days out the window at work (must have been a female b/c the red on the males heads go all the way to their beaks and hers was just on the back of her head). Can you tell my bird book came in?!?!? I love it! It is Field Guide to Birds of North America by Kenn Kaufman. The cover is on upside down on mine but I bought it used for very little so I can't complain. In fact, I kinda like that it is not perfect. It gives it character!
  4. Sweet tea. I'm from the south and I think it is a law here that you have to drink sweet iced tea!
  5. Anita Renfroe. I have her perpetual calendar at my desk at work and it makes me smile each and every day.
  6. The color pink. It makes me happy.
  7. The smell of the air before it rains. It is a clean, fresh, humid smell. I love it!
  8. The wind when it whistles in the trees. It almost seems as if it is talking to me.
  9. Sunshine. I like to sit outside on one of the first few days of warm sunshine after along winter and soak up the sun. Kinda like a lizard but without the green scaly skin.
  10. The smell of burning leaves. Who can honestly say they don't like that smell? It announces to me that spring is officially here and it is time to clean out the flower beds and get to planting!

4 comments:

Denise said...

I enjoyed your thankful list.

Laurie Ann said...

Precious list of things to be thankful for. I'm in Mississippi, and believe there's a law about sweet tea, too, LOL! Happy TT!

Lori said...

This is a beautiful list. Thank you for joining in this week. Have a wonderful Thursday.

i said...

What a lovely thankful list! Remain blessed!