Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for:
  1. God. The provider of all things.
  2. Talk radio. I was listening to the radio this morning and they were talking about people wanting Darwin's Theory of Evolution to be taught as fact in schools and how it is just a theory and if we are going to teach one theory we should teach them all. Then they went on to talk about the belief that the universe was born on the back of an elephant. One question: Where did the elephant come from? Talk about an AHA moment.
  3. Good neighbors. We have had bad neighbors and they make the good ones that much better!
  4. Will. I know, I know, I grumble and fuss about him and there are times I could just squeeze his neck until his head pops off. But he has his good qualities. He comes after work instead of going to a bar. He doesn't drink his paychecks away. He has a job (which is a great thing in this day and age!!). He gets along with my dad. He is willing to take Taylor hunting. He goes to church with me (on occasion). All in all, more good points than bad.
  5. Chocolate. God was in a great mood on the day that He invented that stuff!!
  6. Root beer.
  7. Chili Cheese Fritos (can you tell I am PMSing today?)
  8. Guns. I like knowing I can take a gun that I own and shoot something for supper. That I am capable of providing for my family in that area.
  9. Books. I love to read and I love the things I can learn from reading. I have ordered a book on birds (so I can identify the ones at my feeder) and a book on gardening (actually it is Gardening for Dummies, I figured I should start slow and work my way up). What a great idea to have all this knowledge in a book?
  10. Birds. I am amazed and delighted every day when I see all the different ones in my backyard. They thrill me to no end. Thanks to Mrs. Eason (who used to feed a couple sacks a week and watch all the birds with a bird book in hand) I now know the joys of watching birds. This spring I will put out hummingbird feeders but for now the big birds reign supreme!

2 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

You had me laughing with the elephant thing - I have a phobia of elephants so I'd be scared of the world! Happy Thankful Thursday!

Denise said...

Sweet blessings.